The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.10-2ubuntu1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

AssaultCube Reloaded Forums
2.6.2 (2.7 beta 2) - Printable Version

+- AssaultCube Reloaded Forums (https://acrf.victorz.ca)
+-- Forum: AssaultCube Reloaded (https://acrf.victorz.ca/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (https://acrf.victorz.ca/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: 2.6.2 (2.7 beta 2) (/thread-1395.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: [Future] 2.7 - asmanel - 2014-10-28

Disable after the first shoot the spawn shield seems to be a good idea.

RE: [Future] 2.7 - ruler501 - 2014-10-28

That is currently implemented. Once you fire a weapon you know longer have invincibility when you spawn. Otherwise the spawn protection was made slightly longer.

RE: [Future] 2.7 - jonaspm - 2014-11-04

Need some testing?

RE: [Future] 2.7 - Victor - 2014-11-18

@ruler501, I remember that @DeltaStrikeOp said he still prefers 2.6 over 2.6.1.
I'd say that the most important thing to do now is to make a list of why users might prefer 2.6 over 2.7, and fix those issues.

RE: [Future] 2.7 - {KE}bluwarguy - 2014-11-19

is dynamic lighting possible in the cube engine?

RE: [Future] 2.7 - {KE}bluwarguy - 2014-11-19

also, destructibility?

RE: [Future] 2.7 - -{ET}-xdEpicZombie - 2014-11-20

Destructibiltiy basicly is but won tlook as good as in BF3 or any other AAA modern games.We probably could implement some that are similar to Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory's.

It wont look as good becouse we dont have any rig body system in our engine,which is a must in the future project with a new engine.Victor,do you know the dude who made Tesseract,you definetly should contact him,its awsome what he did with Cube 2 Engine.Maybe we could use his work.Making our own version and adding those features like dynamic lighting would take so much time.

RE: [Future] 2.7 - asmanel - 2014-11-21

AC and ACR already use dynamic light when weapons are used.

About destructibility I suggest implement it as part of more global mechanisms.

I suggest implement it this way :
* allow more complex scripts in the map cfg files.
* exploit the trigger entity, like in Cube : When a player reach it, it triggers a script.
* add variants of edition commands that work without switch to the edition mode, working in multiplayer like edition commands in coop edit (the use of variants can prevent cheats). The ones about entities will need to access entities via their index number.
* add the ability to activate/deactivate an entity.
* detect attack on mapmodel entities (detect attack on clip, playerclip and ladder entities also can be a good idea.
* add event such as hurting rays and explosions.

RE: [Future] 2.7 - {KE}bluwarguy - 2014-11-21

trigger entities could be useful for doors or claymores

RE: [Future] 2.7 - DeltaStrikeOp - 2014-11-22

Hey, awesome, work is still being accomplished in ACR =)

I'm in the middle of doing college apps, but I'll be active after November 30th.

I still prefer 2.6 over 2.6.1 because of the change in FOV back to AC values. This alone makes the game feel more like a derivative of CounterStrike rather than a more modern-style shooter. I don't have the 2.6.1 version anymore, but in my free time I'll write up what needs to be fixed.

The conversation seems to be talking about really new innovative ideas, keep it up boys! I'm just over here sitting down with an intro to programming book trying to somewhat understand what you guys are saying LOL