Server hosting problems
2015-04-16, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 2015-04-16, 08:55 PM by Victor.)
RE: Server hosting problems
@IBiteBack,

Yes, rendering of all players (including bots) are client-side. The server can choose the skin number of bots (by default, it's random, but it can be modded), but the client has a texture for each skin number.

Actually, all of those logs show an incoming connection right before the crash, but with no players connected before. Is there something wrong with your maprot? It could be a bug in the code for when the maprot has something incorrect.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2015-04-20, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 2015-04-21, 09:07 AM by IBiteBack.)
Interesting--I didn't know you could pick a skin on the server... I did know that they were rendered client side, though. I was asking if you could control when the bots appear... I should have been more specific.
It could be that my maprot is messed up, since the game install didn't come with it. I had to add my own (I used the default AC maprot) along with my own blacklist file, nicknameblacklist file, forbidden words file, and several others. I just copied them all from Assault Cube, hoping that would work, and it seemed that it did.

My maprot file is here, if you want to look, but you don't need to--you have already spent a lot of time helping me. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72976865/maprot.cfg
2015-04-24, 01:28 PM
@IBiteBack, this line probably causes the crash to occur:

ac_scaffold : 0:10: 1: 4:11: 0 // tdm, 10 minutes, 4..11 players

Mode 0 is GMODE_TEAMDEATHMATCH in AC, but mode 0 is G_DEMO in ACR, which causes a crash. A sanity check has been added for the next release.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2015-04-25, 04:02 PM
@Victor
Thank you for your help once again!

I've removed all mode 0 entries in the maprot, and am running it once again. I'll bother you again, if I have any more errors. In the mean time, if there a list of the mode numbers in ARC? Clearly, the difference in mode numbers will make my intended rotation go awry.

Thanks again!
2015-04-26, 01:49 PM
There is the wiki page Game modes and mutators.

I jusr updated it.

2015-04-27, 05:29 PM
@asmanel, That looks like just what I want...thank you!

@Victor, When I remove the mode 0 entries in the maprot, the server seems to stay up. Thanks again!