2.18.2 (18.2.0 semver)
2018-09-01, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 2021-01-07, 05:23 PM by Victor.)
2.18.2 (18.2.0 semver)
Changelog:

Features:
  • Show damage indicator numbers (heal weapon now heals in larger chunks, 5/500ms instead of 1/100ms)
  • Show which flag was reset
  • Add STF flags to "Entities" edit menu
  • Add "direct capture-the-flag" to classic mode menu
  • Decrease weight of servers bypassing master-server policy
  • Log when master-server wants to disconnect a client

Fixes:
  • Fix "masterserver sent an unknown command" ("*a" after connection)
  • Pick up 2 grenades in LSS
  • Fix player count (disable bots when all humans are in SPECT)
  • Show bot names as "a zombie" in zombie mode
  • Use small HTF flag icon for bomber mode
  • Fix server quality stats (also calculate starting from 4 or 7 players)
  • Fix "Change weapon..." menu entry (to "Change weapon/class...")
  • Fix list of maps in maps_secure menu
  • Use flag map menu for classic flag modes
  • Fix uncleared kill confirm flags
  • Remove extra space in client lost/drop/return flag messages
  • Remove duplicate client number in /sendmap response message
  • Fix text glitch after /resetgl

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2018-10-01, 09:05 AM
RE: [Future] 2.7.1
We'll also need more maps, especially secure maps.

Almost all of the maps made for ACR I had were on the computer where my server was running and on an external hard drive. Unfortunately, both was stolen some months ago (I don't remember when exactly; my server was running when that theft happened).

I suggest adding a repository on the official ACR Github account to store maps made for ACR (both new (future) ones and old retrieved ones).

2018-10-07, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-10-07, 04:27 PM by Victor.)
@asmanel, do you have any backups of the maps?

Currently, map sharing is decentralized (share by voting them in servers). If we want to centralize map sharing, there could be more copyright issues.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2018-10-11, 07:12 PM
No, I don't think I have any backup of these maps. Most of them was availible on the armory, but, now, it's offline.

I have an other external hard drive and several flash drives, I'll check them soon but I don't think I'll find any of these maps on.

About the map sharing, I know how it works. I don't want to replace it with anything centralized. Anything centralized is, for several reasons, a bad idea.

Actually, the directory I suggested to make was supposed to be a backup. Now, I think you are right, this suggestion wasn't a good idea.

P.S. : sorry for being so late. After writing most of this reply, several days ago, I had something else to do and I saw I didn't validate it less than an hour ago.

2018-10-14, 06:01 PM
I found four maps on the hard drive and twenty four others on one of the
flash drives.

However, they all were in copies of the version 2.5.8 and, so, will need to be ported.

I'm also working, in parallel, on new maps.

2018-10-17, 08:52 PM
@asmanel, you can consider putting the maps in a custom GitHub repo or other file sharing services as a backup. Since they would also be accessible if they were on your server, it's hard to see how the original map creators would have any problem with that.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2020-11-09, 09:40 PM
RE: [Future] 2.18.2 (18.2.0 semver)
This version will be 2.18.2 instead of 2.7.1, as its semantic version is 18.2.0.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code: