Linux Mint 19 not working with ACR 2.7
2019-08-29, 01:02 PM
Linux Mint 19 not working with ACR 2.7
I used to play ACR a lot back in 2013. I'm just now getting back to it, and I am having trouble getting it to run on Linux Mint 19. I downloaded the linux version from one of the mirrors, but when I try to execute client.sh or server.sh I don't get anything.

Is there some additional setup that I need to do to get this working?

I would love to make some new maps so that the maps are different from AC. May breathe some new life into the game and get more people to play.

I even have a set up to where I might be able to host a server.

Please help me to get this game going again!

Orwek
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2019-08-29, 08:04 PM
RE: Linux Mint 19 not working with ACR 2.7
More information will be needed to troubleshoot the issue. Please provide more details about what happens when you try to execute the .sh script.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2019-08-30, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 2019-08-30, 07:31 PM by orwek.)
RE: Linux Mint 19 not working with ACR 2.7
When I click on it I am asked to "run" or "run in terminal." If I do terminal a window flashes up for less than a second and then closes. If I do "run" nothing happens.

After working through it in a Facebook chat, this was the solution that finally worked:

Client:

apt-get install libsdl1.2debian libsdl1.2debian:i386 libsdl-image1.2 libopenal1

Compile:

# apt-get install libsdl1.2debian libsdl1.2debian:i386 libsdl-image1.2 libopenal1
apt-get install build-essential zlib1g-dev # client & server
apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libopenal-dev libvorbis-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev# client

Then "make install" in the source/scr folder.