Kill floor
2012-10-08, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 2012-10-08, 02:17 AM by Koumori_3m.)
Kill floor
Just as a suggestion, but in the past I have always had maps with sections that I wish people would die in if they fell into it, such as a sandsea, but despite my suggestion into the AC forum, they provided loads of rubbish excuses why not to do it, the main one being people abusing it by making entire map kill floor, whish, in my opinion is complete rubbish, because no-one would want to vote for maps like that. My suggestion is it's made similar to water, as in there's a code like:

/killlevel -8

so that when a player falls to a map height below that of the killfloor, they suicide. i think it would provide an interesting twist to maps, such as volcanic style levels with "red water" that acts as lava, and would reduce the need for a very very long drop so people die from falling damage or pits full of nades. Also it means mappers dont have to spend absolutely ages clipping the edge of a map to stop people falling down a cliff without the obvious skymap wall (nades bounce off skymap, not very realistic). Whats more, for assaultcube this would probably be easier to impliment than the kill floor used by Cube 2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can see the fear in your eyes, the stench of rotting flesh piercing your nostrils. You have not embraced death as your friend, and now, death will claim you...
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2012-10-08, 08:14 PM
RE: Kill floor
Of course, an abusive admin can vote a map with /killlevel 1000

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2012-10-08, 11:58 PM
Yes but that's why it would be a coop feature only, not something that is done ingame

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can see the fear in your eyes, the stench of rotting flesh piercing your nostrils. You have not embraced death as your friend, and now, death will claim you...
2012-10-09, 04:12 PM
If it's coop-only, then it's sort of useless. Anyways, submit it to the Issue Tracker.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)