New weapons (or basically new skins haha)
2013-03-06, 04:40 PM
RE: New weapons (or basically new skins haha)
(2013-03-04, 08:46 PM)DeltaStrikeOp Wrote: ... what's your take on putting a Standalone Grenade Launcher in place of the RPG? The code would stay the same, ...

Well, would it still be "accurate enough" to use a linear hitscan? I don't even understand the intersection codes between lines and spheres/cylinders, so it would be even more difficult to use a quadratic curve and the object.

Also, Padge1 said university, so isn't that different from college?

(2013-03-05, 02:12 PM)Padge1 Wrote: ... the attachment system would be good but ten you have to take into account more scripting and to some extent maybe even a new engine ...
We probably won't have attachments for quite a long time. If I create a game under a different engine, it would be a different game from ACR.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-03-06, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-03-06, 08:20 PM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
Hm... I dunno, I thought it was the ACR that was overrated? LOL, eh, I love the XM8, it just looks like a fish and a G36 got together and made babies. Uh.. So talking about true specs here, the G36 looks great, however it shoots a 5.56 NATO round, the same as the M16, so it wouldn't be realistic to replace the AK with the G36 (unless you meant replacing the M16 with the G36)

Hey Padge1, I was thinking about replacing the Cheytac with the "DTA SRS-A1 Covert". It is a multicaliber bolt action sniper rifle, and it is also bullpup for CQB. Also, the Cheytac isn't even a combat rifle. The rounds are too specialized (wildcat), and if I remember correctly, Cheytac doesn't even make their own rifles. They call on EDM Arms to make their rifles. There aren't that many Interventions made because of that reason. The only instance i have seen a Cheytac fire is on Future Weapons, where the host has the longest "kill" recorded on TV. Of course, it was probably already shot before the host even touched the weapon.
http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/guns/d...assis.html

And about the M21 replacement. The SL8 is the civvy version of the G36. It also uses the same rounds, so the damage would be the same as the M16. I dunno, personally I think Victor should change the name of the M21 to the M39 b/c the chassis is different.

Thank you for hearing me out Padge1!

Oh, btw, Victor, about the College/University thing. Eh, in the States, we use it interchangeably. However, you're not going to hear an Ivy League called a college. O.o

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-03-08, 08:22 AM
[Image: 20130308_144335_ac_complex_teamdeathmatc...4e3e04.jpg]

how does this look?
2013-03-08, 06:10 PM
What if you aim down its sights?

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-03-08, 07:24 PM
OMG PADGE! YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!!
Thanks for hearing me out on the HK416!
Victor, i think you can barely see it, but padge cut out a portion of the rear diopter sight. Everything looks nice! The top picatinny rail is correctly taller, and the lower receiver looks sweet!

Can't wait for your DTA SRS Covert or SCAR model!

DSO

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-03-08, 07:50 PM
I like the hk416 :$ hahaha pretty sweet weapon, and dont worry victor the iron sights work fine Smile i have changed the texture since this image a i have found out why my textures keep looking cartoony :L im currently looking into specular maps, victor, do you know if the engine allows the use of specular maps atall? And also transparency? And im still messing about with reload animations -.- victor, is there any way to allow extra animations such as draw, fire, idle? I think they would make i big difference visually if it can, especially with a pistol, sucks without the slide firing back :L
2013-03-08, 09:59 PM
About the pistol thing. Some games don't have the slide locking back or even moving for simplicity. I think the hammer does move though in ACR, which is a step up from BF2 (i play that a lot). How's the work on the Glock model? The current "USP" model shows the safety, what looks like a mag release, and the hammer. But the slide is COMPLETELY out of proportion.

Oh, and more praise for the HK416. DUDE IT'S NOT SYMMETRICAL ANYMORE! =D LOL, don't worry about the "cartoony" look. I think there's enough polygons already! And this is coming from a guy who handles AR-15s. We don't need dynamic lighting and make the model look true 3D and lag older systems, right?

GREAT WORK MAN!

DSO

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-03-09, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 2013-03-09, 11:47 AM by Padge1.)
Im glad you agree Smile ive just finished a scar l for the ak, should be pics up in a few minutes Smile it just looks a bit better if the slide ejects the shell :L

[Image: scar_zps1d8bcc2e.jpg]

ilike the texture for this one Smile it will have a reflex sight or an eotch depending on how i feel
2013-03-09, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-03-09, 06:23 PM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
Words do not describe the amount of excitement I have right now.

EVEN THE MARKINGS ARE CORRECT!!! Well, er, fix the 6mm one to 7.62 or 5.56, cuz 6mm is the BB version.

Id suggest EOTech, because reflex sights are for... let's say economical shooters.

Also, judging from the pic, that's a SCAR L b/c of STANAG. From a physics standpoint, it would be logical to replace the AK with the SCAR H because of the 7.62 NATO round. The 5.56 NATO of the SCAR L doesn't compare with the AK based on hard target damage. Soft target is another thing. LOL. Oh, and can the SCAR be tan? I know it's not smart in MOUT/CQB, but that color alone destinguishes the SCAR from an AR15 from far away.

DSO

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-03-09, 08:03 PM
If we add a reflex sight, it will look like the red dot is something "floating" in the display.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code: