2013-04-13, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 2013-06-25, 02:04 PM by Victor.)
Changelog:
  • ruler501's temporary fix to the bot crash
  • Better speedhack detection when using the M82
  • More Intervention damage
  • Better explosive damage fading
  • Less damage for automatic weapons
  • "hardcore" - now with more recoil and reduced HUD elements (user-adjustable)
  • "psychic" Mutator - wallhacks for all
  • "juggernaut" Mutator - 10x maximum HP (but no regen)
  • "sniping" Mutator - insta with M21 - the old sniping is now "insta"
  • Progressive zombies don't explode until the last round
  • Refill humans' health/ammo for the next zombie round
  • Do not allow spawning before zombies spawn on Round 30
  • Show an icon above typing players' heads
  • Fix for helmets not respawning
  • New official map: acr_recreation
  • Bot balance for individual teams
  • Fixed name change spam
  • Smoother deathcam that turns from the kill source (grenade explosion) to the killer

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-04-13, 11:02 AM
RE: 2.5.8 Changelog
Victor, I know there's the issue of game balance for weapons, but isn't the .50 BMG more powerful than the .408 Cheytac?

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-04-13, 11:25 AM
Could you please increase the damage of the RPG when it's not directly hitting somebody? It won't kill somebody who is 50cm next to the rocket. Sad
2013-04-13, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-04-13, 01:27 PM by Victor.)
Well, the M82 gives more push than the Intervention, but still less damage for balance purposes.

I think the RPG has been nerfed too much though. Maybe the explosive damage should be revised? See http://forum.acr.victorz.ca/forum/thread-12.html

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-04-13, 02:18 PM
Imho the RPG should deal more "splash" damage. To compensate it you could make it slightly less accurate and/or reduce ammo even more. It should be enough to kill 3-4 people standing close to each other. Btw, it would also be nice if the RPG animation would be improved. Making the explosion "bubble" bigger is a good way of making it more realistic.

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2013-04-13, 08:40 PM
Gotcha, you implemented conservation of momentum for the .50 Big Meat Grinder. And I guess we could go on and on about terminal ballistics. xD

I agree with the RPG splash. It should be bigger, maybe somewhere either lower than a grenade or higher. Then again, most RPG launchers fire AP/HEAT rounds instead of Antipersonnel.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-04-14, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 2013-04-14, 02:44 AM by Fubizz.)
Totally agree with rXn, maybe you could do a rocket animation like the throwing knife ? I mean when the rocket is launched, and make the rocket not that fast to give the enemy a chance ? For example the rocket could take 1.5 seconds to reach the target when you are playing on twintowers and you are on tower 1 and the enemy is on tower 2 ?

Then you could maybe make the throwing knife "slower" so that it's "Airtime" is longer, because it's kinda unrealistic that when you throw the knife, the enemy is hit in less than one second...
And maybe make the gravity for the knife higher so that it will drop faster and would have a lower range ? Because then you can't just one hit enemies on the other site of the map and you could do some cool knife tricks.
2013-04-14, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 2013-04-14, 08:28 AM by Victor.)
A rocket animation would require using a projectile though.

I'll increase the range of the RPG, and also the explosion size, but did you read the thread about the fading? Should we use a different curve? Maybe even one that curves on the other side?

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2013-04-14, 08:09 PM
HAHA YES!!!

Lightweight HUD is gonna be implemented!

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-04-21, 06:43 AM
Should add a new weapon to like a new shotgun or SMG at least