Poll: Cube 2
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yea
72.73%
8 72.73%
Nay
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Cube 2 Engine
2013-05-11, 09:33 PM
RE: Cube 2 Engine
@@ruler501, then it looks like you can't play with max settings. Use lower settings in Red Eclipse, and see if it's playable.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-05-12, 02:33 AM
It would be very cool if there would be the Cube 1 Engine based ACR for lower systems and Cube 2 Engine based ACR for higher systems, and in multiplayer a special gamemode to let ACR 1 and 2 users to play online together. But I think it's impossible.. :/
2013-05-12, 07:53 AM
The maps would be different, and therefore do not work together.

Also, ruler501, using the lowest settings in Red Eclipse is probably better than ACR on max (except anti-aliasing).

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-05-12, 12:15 PM
I would be happy to join the team Smile and victor if you have the time you could get some basic projects set up so that we can pitch away at it Smile like you said you will be busy and so will allot of us but if we just take it in baby steps and have fun while doing it then it could be good fun Smile plus it gives me a chance to model something other than guns :L map models and such... gotta have barrels :L

[Image: 521dba91454f1.jpg]
2013-05-12, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-05-12, 12:49 PM by ruler501.)
I get 150-170fps on AssaultCube Reloaded and 70-200 fps on Red Eclispse both with minimum settings. I think the fact that they cull more causes their framerates to be a lot more variable.
2013-05-12, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-05-12, 01:01 PM by rXn.)
If there is a team to build, Id like to join, too...Some programming skills and a little bit of blender...
If we go and switch to Cube 2, new world models would be needed - as there are enough other textures the world models might make up an essential part of the design work. You cant tell anyone to use those low-res player/weapon/pickup models in Cube 2 Tongue
// EDIT: All noticed theres a new version of Sauerbraten? Did they just change the "Sauerbraten" stuff or does it also touch the engine?

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2013-05-12, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-05-12, 04:22 PM by DeltaStrikeOp.)
Man, i wanna learn how to code/model now. I wish i could be of help. Hope this project takes off!

BTW, can somebody be a mediator/publicist? I wouldn't want ACR to have the type of image we have at AC to spread to Cube2/Red Eclipse.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-05-12, 04:45 PM
One question would be what licenses are the red eclipse stuff under and what would that mean for us?

Also do we really want to make the game weigh so much more? The game would be ~500mb instead of ~50mb. Is there much other than the graphics that is worth it? I personally do not think the boost in graphics is worth the loss of portability.
2013-05-13, 09:49 AM
Well, I have Halo CE with full functionality (SP and MP) in a flash drive, and it only ate up 1.4 GB.

Most people have at the minimum a 2 GB flash drive. It is at you developer's choice at the size of the files. Personally, I run all of my games on "lowest" settings so that I can have a laptop that isn't screaming for air.

Also, how resource heavy is Cube 2? By comparison, Halo CE for me at the most eats up 200 MB of RAM, and I can run it lag free even in "power saver" and on battery.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-05-13, 03:01 PM
I run this game off of my school computers as well as home computers. At school I only have 1gb total space and am forbidden from using flash drives. I admit that may be a rather rare situation, but everyone from my school that I've introduced the game to have the same problem. I think space should be a concern. I don't think graphics are important enough for us to have to restart from red eclipse and have the size grow nearly 10 times larger.