Poll: Should the chatbox be on every page?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, it should only be on the homepage.
52.94%
9 52.94%
Yes, it should be readily available.
47.06%
8 47.06%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Chatbox for ACR forum
2013-06-23, 03:05 PM
RE: Chatbox for ACR forum
Oops, looks like i didnt do anything to help with the vote. Personally, i dislike having 2 tabs open just to have chat on, but eh, having the chat only on the homepage makes everything simple

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-07-18, 12:59 PM
I think the shoutbox should have WHOIS support (in IRC). Also, the font size should be a bit larger, and it should have an easier way to PM someone.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-07-19, 02:34 AM
(2013-07-18, 12:59 PM)Victor Wrote: I think the shoutbox should have WHOIS support (in IRC). Also, the font size should be a bit larger, and it should have an easier way to PM someone.

What should the WHOIS display? I already thought about that but had no idea what to display x.x

Textsize can be done, i'll do it then with all the other security updates that are in dev.

And I already find pm easy, /msg <nick> <message> or /query <nick>
What did you think of then?
2013-07-19, 08:50 AM
I would like to have a "time bot", you know, something that adds the time of the message in front of it (fe Teamspeak|Skype).
Or if you like it more mybe a bot that posts the time every hour?
Unfortunately I'll be on holiday for some weeks tommorow, so I can't do it myself Sad .

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2013-07-19, 08:52 AM
In IRC, /whois will run a WHOIS and return that user's IP, but the chatbox users should have their privacy respected and only display half the IP.

Also, I forgot about the messages. A scroll-bar would work better and be more user-friendly than two buttons.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2013-07-19, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-07-19, 03:12 PM by rXn.)
@Sorunome && all: I'll be away on holiday for 4 weeks tomoroww. So I cannot care about the chat box. I will reset the FTP password, but if you manage to send me your private key per PM I'll add you.
To contact me: 0049 30 610900 14996
(It is a useless voicemail box I always wanted to try out Tongue)
I also have found a freehoster that seems quite reliable and gives all neccessary stuff, so lets see if it works now first.

//Edit: I see you just did that ssh stuff, seems I have to keep that host for a while, not shure if I manage to give them their money before tomorrow...

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2013-07-23, 04:06 PM
By the way, adding scroll-bars can be done with 1 line of CSS:

Find "#mboxCont" and add "overflow:auto"

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2013-07-24, 07:36 AM
I added a option for the scrollbar in the options.
I also updated it so that all known security glitcehs are fixed (don't worry, the ones before were *only* being able to read anybodys pm)
2013-07-24, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-07-24, 06:22 PM by Victor.)
The provided scrollbar doesn't work very well. Just remove the buttons and use the CSS I mentioned in the previous post:

#mboxCont { overflow:auto }

Really, don't try to reinvent the wheel. If you use native scrollbars, it'll automatically support the mouse wheel, page up/down, etc.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
2013-07-24, 11:51 PM
But IMO the native scroll bar looks ugly.
And believe me, I already got that feedback a ton of times (that the scrollbar isn't working) and that is only because I forgot how a native scroll bar acts x.x
So yeah, a fix is in the ways!
Also: there's also been a hot discussion on the mouse wheel and an agreement that there will be an option for that, defaulted to disabled.