Poll: Should the chatbox be on every page?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, it should only be on the homepage.
52.94%
9 52.94%
Yes, it should be readily available.
47.06%
8 47.06%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Chatbox for ACR forum
2013-08-07, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 2013-08-07, 01:58 AM by Sorunome.)
RE: Chatbox for ACR forum
yeah, it is because your nick is set to 'Guest' when you can't chat. (the sig will be emtpy). That way things like that will highlight you. I'll add a simple check to prevent that, no worries Smile
EDIT: Should be fixed.
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-11-01, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-11-01, 12:52 PM by Sorunome.)
Ok, I added now (finally!) the scroll wheel support, it is in the options.

Also, the style changed quite a bit, anybody who wants to do some color tweaking, feel free, just post the new CSS in here.

Also, for those of you that OmnomIRC seemingly doesn't load: click on one of the tabs up there, if that doesn't work delete your cookies for chat.acr.victorz.ca

Oh, and last, for those of you who wonder what this chat can all do, type in '/help'
2013-11-07, 12:11 PM
There is a problem. An error message appears instead the Chatbox

2013-11-07, 09:12 PM
Yes. It also makes for an ugly webpage when we first load up the forum. =(

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2013-11-07, 11:19 PM
I'm getting the same problem to.
2013-11-08, 02:43 PM
I can't do anything about it, sorry, allong with that message my access to that server vanished.
The only possibility i could come up with now is if somebody else wanted to host it on their servers or if it got hosted on the same server as the forum.
2013-11-08, 05:20 PM
I would offer to host it but my server is dead for the time being
2013-11-13, 06:44 PM
Honestly, is it worth having a big chat box at the top of any page when less than 10 people stick around in the channel? I'd much rather just use a webchat by some other provider or my own client.
2013-11-14, 09:52 AM
All in all, I havn't been online for a long time, so the things that happened are:
I did not want to have the nick "rXn" linked to my 'real' life too much as I used the same provider for f.e. an email box for my job etc. So I switched the name to something I won't tell you Tongue) and after a while now they disabled the account. At (about) the 20-25. of November I'll get a one-chip-pc (like that raspberry stuff, but faster) that I also want to use as a web/game server. So from then I hope to be able to host it again. (Sorry, but I havn't been online for some time and I hoped the hosting would last till I get the mini-server).

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2013-11-15, 08:52 AM
(2013-11-13, 06:44 PM)forumlurker007 Wrote: Honestly, is it worth having a big chat box at the top of any page when less than 10 people stick around in the channel? I'd much rather just use a webchat by some other provider or my own client.

You could've have done it all the time - it hooks up to real IRC (freenode channel #acreloaded)