Collect and harvester games modes
2013-12-09, 02:53 PM
Collect and harvester games modes
These two gamemodes I suggested on the [/url=http://acreloaded.wikia.com/wiki/Mod_stuff_ideas]mos stuff ideas[/url] of the wiki are very similar.

Harvester is the oldest of both an appeared first in the Q3A mod Team Arena and is also available in Open Arena. Collect is a similar gamemode that appears in Sauerbraten.

In both :
* When a player (or a bot) dies, A skull of the color of their team appears.
* I this players or one of their buddies pick up this skull, it (the skull) disappears.
* If an ennemy pick up it, the skull is carried by this ennemy until he/she dies or scores. (however, in collect, there is an exception and, if it happen, the skull remain at the same place)
* To score, the player must reach the ennemy base at carrying at least one skull. When it happen, their team can gain several points (the number of gained points is equal to he number of carried skulls.

Even if they are similar, there are differences :
* In collect, the number of simultaneously carried skulls is limited to five skulls.
* In harvester, the skulls appears nears form a center point but, in collect, each skull appears where the player die instead.
* In collect, when a player carrying skulls die, the skulls are dropped in collect. In harvester, they disappear and are lost.
* In collect, if its score isn't equal to zero, a team loses one point if an ennemy reach its base whithout carrying skulls. When an ennemy scores, the skull of the base become half transparent in their hud for a short instant and he/she can't do this (make the team loses a point) during this time.

Here are two examples I found :
* Example of harvester match
* Example of collect match

I suggest implement something like this in ACR and, of course, I also encourage the modders to try to do it.

Friday, when I'll be back in my home (I don't write this from my computer), I'll retry to compile ACR (I abandonned it after several tries whithout success) and if it work, I'll also try to make this.

Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Collect and harvester games modes - by asmanel - 2013-12-09, 02:53 PM
RE: Collect and harvester games modes - by Victor - 2013-12-09, 07:14 PM