DOG, Wolf or whatever
2014-07-09, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 2014-07-09, 06:02 AM by Fru5tum.)
DOG, Wolf or whatever
Alright this is a model request but if it doesn't pick up in a month then ill do it,
I was wondering for an attack dog kill streak :>
to simplify its meaning and effect imagine a smart bot on my side alone that attacks everyone except me unless it's killed
it retrospect that shouldn't be too hard to implement for 2.7.1 or 2.7.2 or if u really like it, 2.7 in time for a promo vid ;>
now take that bot and replace the model with a dog Big Grin bam attack dog
animations will be insane but making the model is difficult fouranatlry I feel pretty confident about living things enough to model a animal but I can't do this for bout a month so it's open for a try Big Grin requirments
The dog is a German Shepard
It has a police vest
Only 4 animations Bite Run Die and Sit ( when u call in attack dog u will see the dog sitting and he will start moving and since cod has attack dog at 5 I think we should put it up there with the nuke in between nuke and airstrike and give the dogs a couple of abilities @ruler501 DSO @asmanel @Victorz when calling in dog you will be equipped with dog whistle which when used will bring the dog to you. The dog will stay by or near you for 20 seconds and then scatter to find and kill enemy's
Pros- dog does 60 damage
The whistle
It has smarter way points ( mainly the dog pursuits but u can place it on patrol or pursuit still thinking bout that
Cons - dog has 50 health but with armor
And now for the best part Big Grin after u reach nuke lets say u get 5 kills you can then take the dogs perspective in third person for the last amount of time u have before ur nuke goes off
Big Grin good? Or nah

God must love stupid people. He made so many.
->unknown

[Image: 8VEZK0Q.gif]
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2014-07-09, 10:31 AM
RE: DOG, Wolf or whatever
This would need a lot of code to implement and I don't think it really is something that goes with the rest of the game. I personally vote for it not to be added in.
2014-07-09, 01:46 PM
Same. I've always thought it was really weird to have a Dog in combat (CALL OF DUTY: DOG!). Tactically, the only reason you would bring a dog into combat currently would be to find a HVT (High Value Target), and that's if you have a large enough force. If it was just one person, think of all the work you would have to do to also supplement that dog in the field (food, water, care, doggy doo-doo). There's a reason the hardcore boys at ARMA don't have it.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"
2014-07-09, 11:57 PM
IMO the idea itself is cool but yes its tooo hard to model and animate

[Image: 3SVsNlV.png]
2014-07-11, 06:01 AM
Alrighty Big Grin I'll keep looking for kill streaks Big Grin can an admin delete this thread please? It's unneeded lol

God must love stupid people. He made so many.
->unknown

[Image: 8VEZK0Q.gif]
2014-07-11, 06:40 AM
We keep it as a record, usually we'd need a good reason to delete a thread
2014-07-11, 09:06 AM
Well, it looks like this idea probably won't be implemented any time soon.

This thread belongs in the suggestions section though.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)