Unrestricted Tags
2011-12-11, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-07-31, 04:45 PM by Victor.)
Unrestricted Tags
Every server registered under the official server may not restrict usage of the following "clan tags" because of its rules.

All of these styles apply if not explicitly declared:
  • TAG|
  • |TAG
  • |TAG|
  • [TAG]
  • {TAG}
  • (TAG)

All of these generic "clan tags" apply:
  • ACR - AssaultCube Reloaded

All of these specific "clan tags" apply:
  • bot*-* Servers without a bot definition will use these names. Humans may use it, but their ID number will be of a different color, and thus are distinguishable. (NEW: the specific name "a bot") Therefore, you may not restrict it.
  • Notwithstanding the above, you may restrict bot names if there is a valid reason to do so.
  • (no clan tag) - You may not force everyone to have a clan.

Any player visiting a server registered by the official master-server are free to use the above tags without interference from the servers.

For example:
[ACR]Player may not be accused of "clan tag impersonation".
You may not create a server that only allows people with clans at all times.
Operating a server only for clan matches with clan members only when the mastermode is private is OK.
Servers not registered from the master-server are OK; they are exempt.

If your clan tag matches one of them, then it's time to choose a new tag.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2011-12-12, 06:13 PM
RE: Unrestricted Tags
so u are saying that we can't use any of those clan tag styles above?
2011-12-12, 06:44 PM
I'm saying the exact opposite. Anyone MAY FREELY use the above "clan tags".

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code:
Your antithesis compares favorably with any high magnitude of pwnage. (-you > |p|, you < -|p|)
My antithesis compares favorably with _that of_ any high magnitude of pwnage. (|-me| > |-p|, |me| > |p|)
2011-12-13, 12:47 PM
oh alright
2011-12-13, 05:58 PM
Unless the tag is in use, right?

Still alive in 2021. Wish you all the best and I'll drop in every now and again.
2011-12-13, 07:30 PM
Every clan tag listed here may not be "protected" in any way. If they're in use (I don't think anyone who plays ACR runs a clan with an ACR tag), find a new game or new tag.

Best regards,
Victor
//victorz.ca
Code: