New team names
2013-06-03, 12:16 PM
New team names
I was thinking about to release a hud mod.I could'nt think any names for the teams in the team icon(displayed on the upper right corner of the radar)This old blue and red team sucks in my opinion.If anyone could suggest any cool names for the teams-That would be great.Big Grin

[Image: 3SVsNlV.png]
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
2013-06-05, 08:45 AM
RE: New team names
here are some names (from red to blue)
*OPFOR and BLUFOR
*Al-Khaled and Delta Force
*Iran and U.S. Army

[Image: cooltext1203588761_zps9cfa0053.gif]
2013-06-05, 09:12 AM
You could copy Counterstrike and use Terrorists and Counter Terrorists
2013-06-05, 11:06 AM
Thanks.Ima try to compose some of the names from both posts!

2013-06-05, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 2013-06-05, 12:16 PM by rXn.)
"Iran and U.S. Army"? Doesn't it sound too, let's say, pollitically dangerous? Remember this is a game where people simply have fun, whereever they come from...Confused
Telling that Iran and the US should fight/kill each other does sound definitely not like a suitable message for a game.

The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.
2013-06-05, 12:25 PM
rXn has a point!

2013-06-05, 01:17 PM
Many modern shooters have used real world countries as enemies. Its not uncommon to base it in the real world though I think more generic names would be better.
2013-06-05, 03:53 PM
Yeah you guys are right but do you guys remember that medal of honor (terrible) had the taliban as playabe of faction? Idk i agree though. How about Insurgents and USMC?

[Image: cooltext1203588761_zps9cfa0053.gif]
2013-06-06, 05:02 AM
The people who made Medal of honor took big risks. According to me, using real life factions as base for in game factions is a very bad idea.

2013-06-06, 08:18 AM
I agree with asmanel. Medal of Honor used US military vs. Taliban. Look at the heat. If you wish, use BLUFOR vs OPFOR.

Please refrain from using political team names. US ARMY vs. Iran seems a bit harsh. Also, we can't all be Special Forces, and it'd make one team sad if you did. I guess one suggestion coming from me is "1st SFOD-D vs. DEVGRU", since there's a lot of Tier One Wild behavior. I hate how everyone now knows about Delta and 6 like they made it.

DSO
Windows 8 fanboy =D
"Not dead, can't quit"